Sunday 31 October 2010

Stop the Zombies...start the NaNoWriMo

Hi all,

Ok, so my lovely Co-ML Terry has declared I must stop playing Plants Vs Zombies (boo!) and come back to the land of NaNoWrimo (yay!). Luckily for me, having taken a week off work to go road tripping around Ireland I have successfully finished the entire game and had the honour of watching the plants and zombies band together at the end to make a cute little music video, so I figure I can survive turning it off for a while! :)

So, tomorrow is the official start of NaNoWriMo 2010. Hopefully you are all plotted up and ready to go...if not, have no fear as half of us are flying by the seats of our pants with you, so plotted or not, we are looking forward to seeing you all at Spoons tomorrow for the official kick off.

I received a jolly little parcel this morning full of fancy NaNoWriMo postcards and stickers for you all attach to the front of your laptops/coffee mugs/foreheads/etc so those of you who were at today's Write In should have those already. If anyone missed out I have a little stash of them that I will bring along to tomorrow's Write In at Spoons, so let me know if you didn't get any loot yet so I can get you all stocked up.

Now, there are some rumours...some very true rumours of a few internal wars going on. By wars I mean 'healthy competition' whereby members of the NaNoBeans will be competing against each other's word counts to try to avoid serious embarrassment. Terry and myself are having an ML word war that involves the loser (i.e. whoever reaches 50,000 words last) running amok with some pom poms. Terry has also challenged all newbie NaNoBeans to try to beat him to 50,000 words as well, so check out the NaNoWriMo regional thread on the NaNoWriMo website to join or make your challenge!

Well, thats about all from me for today as I have to run back to the plotting table to make a few last minute updates. Good luck to you all for tomorrow and your novelling and Terry and I will see you for the Ready, Set, Go! :)

Look for the NaNoWrimo and NaNoBeans signs around the tables if you are new or just a little lost and as always remember that there will be cake, no matter how many or how few words you write, there will always be cake! :)

See you tomorrow NaNoBeans! :)

Beaming up...
K

No comments:

Post a Comment